Location: Treasury Wine Estates, Melbourne, VIC
Event Date: 11 June 2019
Please check the organiser website for any changes due to COVID-19.
Contact: Prue Kline
Association: Wine Communicators of Australia
Telephone: 0417 746 126
Email: [email protected]
The Victorian chapter of Wine Communicators of Australia (WCA) invites local wine and hospitality professionals to join them for a panel event at Treasury Wine Estates in Melbourne. This activity provides an opportunity for participants to hear about the latest trends and innovation currently faced in the wine industry from four expert panelists.
The panel will include:
● Sarah Andrew (national co-president of Sommeliers Australia, founder of Selador Wines)
● Rodney Sammut (Australia and NZ country manager, Wine Intelligence)
● Angus Lilley (deputy chief marketing officer, Treasury Wine Estate)
● Adam Marks (founder and winemaker, Bress Wines)
The conversation will be guided by Alquime founder and editor Josh Elias, who will steer the panel through a variety of discussion topics including:
● Australian wine consumption
● Australian wine export
● Australian consumption trends and top selling varietals
● The evolution of the restaurant wine list and how it is differentiated across Australia
● Packaging and environmental concerns
● Millenials and Gen Y drinkers
● Biodynamics and sustainability
WCA spokesperson and Halliday Wine Companion commercial director, Jacinta Hardie-Grant says, “This is the start of a new era for Wine Communicators of Australia Victorian Chapter and we are excited to be launching our first event for 2019 aimed at engaging wine media communicators and industry, encouraging discussion about the latest trends and innovations and creating a valuable networking opportunity.”
To include your event, or update your existing event details, please send an email to [email protected].