Competition Terms & Conditions
WIN A TRIP TO SIMEI IN ITALY COMPETITION
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Winetitles Media (ABN 85 085 551 980 (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at on 1 June 2019 and closes at 5pm on 31 July 2019 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period be paid subscribers to either or both Australian and New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker; Wine & Viticulture Journal and complete the entry form to enter.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Subscriptions cancelled or refunded prior to the draw will be disqualified.
8. Two entries are permitted if subscribed to both publications.
9. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11. The judging will take place on 5 August 2019.
12. The result of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. There will be one prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
14. The prize includes the following for one person.
a) Return flights to Milan, Italy departing from the winner’s state international airport.
b) 4 nights’ accommodation. Guest credit card details to be provided upon check in.
c) 4-day entry to the SIMEI exhibition 2019 from 19 to 22 November 2019
15. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to the airline’s General Conditions of Carriage.
16. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, reserves the right to withdraw the prize (or that part of the prize), subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be published in Daily Wine News on 6 August 2019
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm 12 August 2019, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 13 August 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified in the following Daily Wine News.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.