|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
WID Online - Courses
Bachelor of Wine Science
Type: Course - University/TAFE
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Contact: Yann Guisard - Course Director
Institution: Charles Sturt University
Address: Locked Bag 588, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2678 Australia
T: (02) 6365 7889
CSU's Bachelor of Wine Science is designed for winemakers and winery managers and includes extensive studies in winemaking, wine science and wine appraisal. The course also provides a good foundation in viticulture and agri-business management.
Description: CSU's Bachelor of Wine Science is designed for winemakers and winery managers and includes extensive studies in winemaking, wine science and wine appraisal. The course also provides a good foundation in viticulture and agri-business management.
CSU has contributed to the industry since 1975 by developing courses that offer a unique blend of science, business and practical training for wine industry personnel. With access to an on campus commercial winery, which is at the forefront of viticultural practices and winemaking techniques and teaching staff who are experienced professionals in the field, our students graduate with the knowledge and hands-on experience that give them the edge in the wine industry.
The course aims to:
- Give a balanced foundation in botany, chemistry, microbiology, soil science and statistics.
- Develop an understanding of the science and technology of wine, encompassing wine production, wine microbiology, wine chemistry and winery engineering.
- Provide an understanding of grape production, factors affecting grape quality and methods for producing quality grapes.
- Develop an understanding of wine quality and style by studying sensory wine appraisal.
- Develop agri-business management skills including economics, business and financial management and marketing.
Applications: You can apply online at the CSU website. Follow the “Apply Now” link at the bottom of the course description web page.
To be included in WID online, or to update your Wine Industry Directory details, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.