|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
Olive product diversification on the increase
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
Data compiled from Ryan Publication’s listing process of the 2010 Australian & New Zealand Olive Industry Directory reveals that there has been a 16% increase in Australian olive cosmetic production since 2009.
Since the inaugural edition of the Directory in 2006, the increase represents 40% in Australia and 200% in New Zealand.
While still a relatively small sector within the olive industry, it is undoubtedly part of the growing trend towards value-adding among producers.
The 2010 edition is the fifth annual edition of the Australian and New Zealand Olive Industry Directory and is proudly published by Adelaide-based rural publisher Ryan Publications.
The Directory delivers key industry statistical information along with comprehensive listings for growers, producers, suppliers, processors, organisations and much more, including:
• Invaluable and user friendly cross-reference indexes
• Personnel section
• A calendar of olive shows and industry events
• A Buyers’ Guide to assist the user in finding olive industry suppliers
• Annual industry overview
Key statistics about Australian olivegrowers and producers highlighted in the 2010 Directory include:
• The bulk of Australian groves are in Victoria (193) and New South Wales (186)
• There has been growth in table olive production of 3.81% from 2009
• A reduced number of producers are exporting their products from 2009
• There has been a 16.66% increase in olive cosmetic production from 2009
For further details and orders call +618 8369 9555, email or visit olive publications at www.olivegrower.com.au