|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
Kiama Regional Wine Show results released
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
The Kiama Regional Wine Show took place last week with 53 medals awarded.
Four gold, 12 silver and 37 bronze medals were awarded in the Kiama Showground Pavilion in New South Wales.
129 wines representing 18 different varietals from 22 commercial producers were judged.
Kiama Regional Wine Show chairman Sandy Rendel says more than 200 guests turned out to taste the wines being exhibited, and to speak directly with winemakers and judges.
“The new format of moving away from a formal dinner to a public awards reception and public tasting event proved highly successful,” he said.
Major awards included:
• most successful exhibitor — Coolangatta Estate
• best wine in show — Coolangatta Estate, gold medal, 2005 Alexander Berry Chardonnay
• best white wine — Coolangatta Estate, gold medal, 2005 Alexander Berry Chardonnay
• best red wine — Southern Highland wines, gold medal, 2006 SHW Cabernet Sauvignon
• best wine Southern Highlands region — Southern Highland Wines, gold medal, 2006 SHW Cabernet Sauvignon
• best wine Shoalhaven Coast region — Coolangatta Estate, gold medal, 2005 Alexander Berry Chardonnay
Call +61 (0) 2 4237 5554 for a full list of medal winners.