|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
Entries still open for Sydney International Wine Competition
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
UPDATED: Wineries are reminded that entries close for the 29th Sydney International Wine Competition on Friday, October 16.
Last year 600 entries were rejected when they arrived after the entry cap.
Competition director Warren Mason described a flurry of last-minute entries this year, and said there had been a remarkable increase in New Zealand entries.
“To date, for the first time, NZ entries exceed 30% of total entries, and are still arriving,” he said.
The wines will be judged by an international panel of eight representing six countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland and Singapore.
There are also six Australian Judges from South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
Six of the panellists are Masters of Wine.
Winelovers will have the opportunity to meet the Judges at the farewell dinner on Friday 23 October.
Visit SIWC events at www.top100wines.com for further details.