|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
2009 Barossa Wine Show highlights the region’s strength
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
The 2009 Barossa Wine Show trophies were presented at a gala black tie dinner at Chateau Tanunda on Thursday.
The Barossa wine industry was represented with 390 people.
Wine Show Committee chairman Kevin Glastonbury praised the wines that were presented.
“We have had an outstanding show with truly exemplary results,” he said.
“A full range of large and small producers have won medals and trophies and we have had some very exciting single vineyard wines.”
Trophies awarded included:
• most outstanding Barossa table wine trophy – 2006 Yalumba Wine Company The Reserve
• most successful exhibitor – Saltram Wine Estate
• most outstanding Barossa red table wine – 2006 Yalumba Wine Company The Reserve
• most outstanding Barossa white table wine – 2009 Penfolds Koonunga Hill Autumn Riesling
• most outstanding table wine small producer – Dandelion Vineyards 2009 Wonderland of the Eden Valley Riesling
• most outstanding single vineyard table wines – 2009 Yalumba Wine Company Heggies Vineyard Riesling
• best dry red blend – 2007 Sons of Eden Kennedy GSM
• best nature dry red – 2006 Sons of Eden Remus
• best varietal Grenache – 2006 Murray Street Vineyards Grenache Rare