|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
ABARE's Clare Regional Outlook conference
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
Access the latest commodity data, economic forecasts and research results plus hear innovative business stories and updates on regional industries at ABARE’s Clare Regional Outlook conference on Wednesday 26 August.
With the conference program tailored to the Clare region, this is your chance to hear from a diverse range of speakers, including:
• ABARE’s Jammie Penm on economic issues affecting the region
• Mary Retallack, Retallack Viticulture, with helping grapegrowers become winegrowers
• Mike Nolan, Westpac, on a banker’s perspective on rural finances
• Leanne Lawrance, ABARE, with the commodity outlook and farm performance
• Frank Nicholls, Clare Region Winegrape Growers Assoc and Neville Rowe, Clare Valley Winemakers on operating in a tough and changing environment
• Mark Branson, Clifton, on using modern farm systems to improve profit and the environment
• ABARE’s Melanie Ford, with agriculture: moving toward emissions trading
• Darren Ray, Bureau of Meteorology, discussing El Nino and climate change: an update for South Australia
• Andy McPharlin, Office for Water Security, on Water for Good – ensuring South Australia’s water future
• John Gray, Bureau of Rural Sciences, on soil carbon for productivity or trading?
• Brett Roberts, Australian Growers Direct, with building the grains supply chain
• Sally Hawker, Bungaree Station, on agritourism: making the farm lifestyle a business
• Craig Jaeschke, Hillriver Hay, discussing farming full circle for sustainability.
The conference is open to anyone with an interest in their community. Make new contacts, discuss industry trends and gain an understanding of global issues affecting your region.
Download the conference program and registration form at www.abare.gov.au/regional
For further information contact Angela Ellerman on +612 6272 2303 or email
Wednesday 26 August 2009, Clare Golf Club, White Hut Road, Clare.
Registration from 8.30am
Conference 9am – 5pm
Cost — $77 (inc GST)