|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
Quintessential Wine New Zealand - five reasons to attend this incomparable event
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
The premier hospitality or wine trade professional looking to develop their business need visit only one wine trade event this year — the Quintessential Wine New Zealand, for five key reasons.
1. The single largest showcase of New Zealand Wines anywhere in the world. There are 160 plus wineries, showcasing in excess of 1000 wines across major and emerging varietals. There are an even greater number of emerging and boutique wineries exhibiting than in previous years, a select few using this event as a platform to launch new wine brands, and a number that exclusively use this event as a national showcase of their wines and the chance to meet the winemakers. A trade exclusive event, this is an exceptional business opportunity.
2. An unparalleled educational platform – The Corbans Viticulture Wine New Zealand Seminars. Presented in association with New Zealand Winegrowers Association, these seminars provide a vital educational and discussion platform. Designed to encourage the wine retail and premier hospitality industry to gain a greater appreciation and understanding of New Zealand wines, they offer the opportunity to hear respected winemakers, media and international guests discuss key topics pertinent to managing and developing a successful wine and hospitality business. They also incorporate winemaker led tastings and discussion of a selection of quality wines representative of key varietals. There is no additional charge to attend these seminars.
3. A newly established Innovation in Wine Series. The continued success of the New Zealand Wine industry depends on its ability to innovate and consistently produce a quality product. In recognition of this, dmg world media has created a new feature within Wine New Zealand for 2008 entitled- Innovation in Wine. This series leads the way in recognising innovation, facilitating broad discussion and building key relationships between hospitality and wine professionals. The Innovation in Wine Series will roll out a number of additional initiatives in future years, in line with the needs of the hospitality and wine industries, so watch this space!
4. A fresh approach awards program. Through the inaugural Esvin Innovation in Wine Awards this event celebrates innovation in winemaking and wine marketing, recognising the pivotal role that creativity and relationships play in the future of the wine and hospitality industries. This sets it apart from traditional wine awards which focus more on the technical aspects of the wine. The Buyers’ Choice Awards invite visitors to nominate a winery and a winemaker, they acknowledge as having had a positive impact on their overall experience at the show. The awards programme offers the premier hospitality professional a chance to recognise wine partners who enhance their business, as well as a chance for wineries to show the trade their commitment to sustainable working partnerships through innovation.
5. The chance to win $660 worth of quality Spiegelau glassware. Thanks to Spiegelau, visitors will be enjoying their tasting experience at the event from a beautiful Authentis Multi Purpose Tasting Glass. The glass must be returned at the end of each day. Upon returning the glass, each visitor has the chance to go into a daily draw to win a prize pack of Spiegelau glassware with a retail value of $660. Sometimes you can't have everything, but visitors do have the opportunity to replace one glass with many. Winners will be drawn daily at show close and will be notified by email or phone.
Tickets to Wine New Zealand are $20 per day for trade registered visitors. Trade pre-registration on-line is free and visitors can purchase entry tickets for Wine New Zealand at the same time. Simply visit https://infosalons.com.au/HospitalityNZ2008/start.asp for pre-registration and ticket purchases and avoid all the queues on the day. For any trade visitor who has not pre-registered, there is a one off registration fee on site of $20 to register for the event. Once registered, Wine New Zealand entry tickets can then be purchased for $20 per day. HospitalityNZ incorporates five essential shows in one event and Wine New Zealand as one of those events, offers five great reasons to attend. Wine New Zealand truly delivers the quintessential wine experience. The event will take place from Sunday 31st August — Tuesday 2 September in Hall One, ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane, Auckland.