Winebiz - Australia's Wine Industry Portal By Winetitles
Daily Wine News

««« return to Daily Wine News index

27/05/2008

Wine Opinions study reveals consumer trends

A new study by Wine Opinions finds promise and pitfalls for Bordeaux wines in the United States market and reveals that many high-frequency wine consumers are as yet untouched by the revival of fine Riesling wines in the market.

“Bordeaux has no real problem in quality and flavour perceptions with the majority of fine wine consumers, and the younger generation of wine drinkers showers interest in getting to know these wines,” Wine Opinions research director, Christian Miller said.

“On the other hand, many are unsure of how to choose and buy Bordeaux, and the traditional market of older wine drinkers is eroding due to a variety of factors.”

The findings on Bordeaux wines and their competitors are the lead topic in the fifth Core Track report from Wine Opinions. The report is based on 888 completed surveys of consumer members of the Wine Opinions Panel. Among survey respondents, 80% are representative of the 19 million US wine consumers who drink wine either daily or several times a week and drive the market for fine wine in the US. The remaining 20% of respondents drink wine weekly or less often.

Along with usage and attitudes on red Bordeaux and competitive wines, issues covered in the new report include usage and taste preferences for Riesling wines, and awareness, trial and taste preferences concerning unoaked or low-oak Chardonnay wines.

For more information visit www.wineopinions.com

Source: American Wine Business Monthly, April 2008

AWRI


Flavourtech


UniSA


Beverage Info Systems


New Holland


Rowe Scientific


Braud


WEA


AB Mauri


Fischer


IMCD


WID 2017