|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
The essential Spanish wine experience
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
The essential Spanish wine experience, personally conducted by Dr Richard Smart, is a two-week educational wine tour of Spain which will be held on 1–13 July, 2008.
The tour will include:
• Simultaneous translation performed by a professional.
• Visits to include large and small producers, traditional and non-traditional, and some of the most famous in Spain.
• Varieties emphasised include reds Tempranillo, Graciano,and Mencia; whites Albarino, Godello and Verdejo.
• Visits to architecturally-designed, famous wineries in Rioja.
• Emphases given to viticulture, wine making and marketing.
• Wine regions visited include Jerez, La Mancha, Madrid, Penedes, Priorat, Rioja, Ribera del Duero, Rueda, Bierzo and Rias Baixas.
• Tourism mostly with professional guides for Seville, La Mancha, Toledo, Madrid, Barcelona, Rioja and Galicia.
• Includes two internal air fares, one very fast train fare.
• Accommodation 3–4 star, cooked breakfast, 10 lunches and 8 group dinners, including one of Spain’s best restaurants.
• Single, twin share or double accommodation available.
Maximum guest number is 30.
The tour will cost $8,850 twin share, single supplement $1,360, plus international fare, approximately $3,100 return.
Deposit of $1,200 is needed to guarantee your place by 20 April. For more information contact ">d or by fax +61 3 6331 0849.