|Grapegrower & Winemaker||Wine & Viticulture Journal||Wine Industry Directory||
||Daily Wine News||
Savour Australia launches in Adelaide
Subscribe to Daily Wine News e-mail
Browse the DWN Archive by date
As the proud media partner of the event, Grapegrower & Winemaker was there as Savour Australia got down to business in Adelaide today – billed as the biggest and most comprehensive Australian wine forum ever undertaken.
The three-day business forum has been designed to challenge commonly-held perceptions of Australian wine and uncover the business case for the industry through:
- In-depth wine tastings as part of a grand tasting event and more intimate tastings showcasing wines rarely shown and themes rarely explored.
- Business sessions presented by leading authorities on retailing, digital and social marketing, pricing, supply and demand, global trends, distribution and consumer behaviour.
- Busting Australian wine myths.
- A forum forAustralian wine producers to expand into new export markets and meet with/get introductions to importers and distributors from global wine markets.
- Numerous opportunities for Australian wine producers to showcase their wines through tastings, lunches, dinners, evening functions and network lounges.
- Functions and network lounges.
Tourism Australia told the sellout event this morning it wants to ignite the tastebuds of travellers around the world.
The attractions of the country's food and wine will be incorporated into its current campaign “There's nothing like Australia”
“To do this we are evolving our global campaign with the idea Australia could be the world's greatest restaurant — Restaurant Australia — serving up the most unique food and wine experiences in remarkable locations every day,” Tourism Australia managing director Andrew McEvoy told delegates as he unveiled the new approach to marketing.
“There is a growing appetite (literally) globally for food and wine as part of the travel experience and Australia has all the right ingredients to capitalise on this opportunity – with the finest array of produce served in the most stunning locations in the world,” McEvoy said.
Research across 15 of the country's key tourism markets shows great food, wine and local cuisine are major factors in holiday decision making, behind world class beauty and natural environments.
Alternatively, you can use the hash-tag #savouraustralia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see pictures as they unfold.